Changing the default port (5053) used for communication.
Changing the default port (5053) used for communication between the License Manager and ExtendSim.
You can edit the license to use a different port than the default port (5053). However, how you do that depends on your situation:
If you received the extendsim.lic file while doing a manual activation but haven't resumed the activation process, directly change the port number in the file and save that change before proceeding. Then complete the activation procedure. Be sure to give the updated extendsim.lic to each Client.
If you have already finished the process of activating the License Manager, you must edit your existing extendsim.lic file using the RLSA window.
2. On the left side of the RLSA window, click the Edit License Files command. (Note: The License File to Edit should be extendsim.lic.)
3. In the window that appears, click the Edit License File button.
4. In the license file field, change 5053 (the default port number) to a different number. Note that the new port must be unblocked inbound and outbound for both the License Server and the Client devices.
5. Click the Update License File button. The window should report license file extendsim.lic written.
6. On the left-hand side of the RLSA window, click the Reread/Restart Servers command.
7. For the ISV, select extendsim, then click the Reread/Restart button to restart the License Manager.
8. If successful, the window will display the message Reread command sent to extendsim. This indicates that the new port will be added as an alternate port.
9. Copy the updated extendsim.lic file to each Client and unblock the new port on Client devices.