Moving an Individual or Node-Locked license of ExtendSim from one device to another works the same as for most applications.
- First, make copies of your ExtendSim models, any custom blocks, etc.
- Second, remove the license from the previous device using the Help > Revoke License Activation command.
- Then, uninstall ExtendSim from the first device:
- Use the Windows Settings > Apps and Features to uninstall ExtendSim.
- Then, delete the two folders:
- Program Files\ExtendSim
- Now, install ExtendSim on the new device by downloading the appropriate Trial version.
- Paste your model files, etc. from the previous device to the appropriate locations at new installation of ExtendSim.
- Launch ExtendSim on the new device and activate it using the same Activation Key you used for the first installation. (If you couldn't revoke the license activation on the previous device, you will get an error message stating your Activation Key is already in use on another device. In this case, contact Imagine That Inc.)
For complete installation instructions, see Frequently Asked Questions • Individual & Node-Locked Licenses.
Note: If you're running ExtendSim on a Client device of an ExtendSim Floating license, the procedure is different. After, making copies of your ExtendSim models, any custom blocks, etc., please follow these instructions to Uninstall ExtendSim from a Client device.