Software refund policy
In keeping with software industry standards, software cannot be returned. The ExtendSim Team offers a complimentary 30-day trial of ExtendSim for evaluation. With knowledge of the above, no refund/return request should be solicited by the buyer/user on such basis.
Training refund policy
The ExtendSim License Agreement for an Individual license states:
"A single identified individual (the “Authorized User”) may use the Software. The Software may be used by the Authorized User only for the Company’s own internal business purposes or for your own personal use (if you are an individual), as applicable. Shared use, use by more than one individual, or use over a local-area network (LAN), a wide-area network (WAN), or the internet is prohibited under this License Option."
This means you are permitted one activation of your ExtendSim license for your own use. You may move your license from one of your computers to another at any time. But will have to deactivate ExtendSim on the first computer before it can be activated on a second as ExtendSim will not permit an additional activation. See Moving or transferring ExtendSim from one computer to another.
Details on activating and deactivating ExtendSim licenses can also be found in the document Installing & Activating • Individual Licenses.
Does ExtendSim have a VPAT showing its compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (accessibility of data and information to people with disabilities)?
ExtendSim 9 was released July 17, 2013. The ExtendSim 9 series reached its EOL on October 28, 2019 with the release of 9.3.1. There will not be any further ExtendSim 9 updates or security patches.
ExtendSim 10 was released October 2018 and we supported transitioning from ExtendSim 9 to ExtendSim 10 for over three years. That support ended January 1, 2022 and ExtendSim 9 has reached its EOS.
Within the first 30 days of purchase, registered users are entitled to 100% trade-in credit for each Individual license converted to a station on a comparable or higher Floating or Node-Locked license product.
If it has been more than 30 days since purchase, registered users with a current license are entitled to 75% trade-in credit for each Individual license converted to a station on a comparable or higher Floating or Node-Locked license product.
If you are using a version prior to the current version, the trade-in credit will be reduced by the price of the upgrade.
Most companies find it cost effective to install a mix of ExtendSim license types depending on team member usage. Our suggested guidelines are:
- If it's just you using ExtendSim, or if multiple simulationists will be using ExtendSim full or almost full time, order an Individual license for each user's device.
- If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use.
- If you have multiple simulationists, but only want to install ExtendSim on one device (eg. a computer in a secure environment), you need a Node-Locked license. The Node-Locked license allows multiple ExtendSim users to work sequentially on a single device.
All 3 license types are available for all Model Developer Editions of ExtendSim (Pro, DE, and CP) and the Analysis RunTime version of ExtendSim.
You can run ExtendSim on a Macintosh computer, just not natively. ExtendSim is a Windows application, but there is a way to run Windows applications like ExtendSim on Macintosh computers.
Solution -- Install Windows 10 and an emulator on your Macintosh. To do this, you need to obtain the Windows 10 operating system and install it on your Mac. For the emulator, you can use Boot Camp Assistant (installed with the Mac OS in the Utilities folder under Applications) or install the emulation software Parallels (www.parallels.com). During installation, the emulator will request the Windows OS installer to complete the process. Once the installation of the Windows OS is complete, boot the Windows OS, install and activate ExtendSim, and start modeling!
Note: The Trial version of ExtendSim does not run on a virtual machine (VM) and a Mac running the Windows operating system is considered a VM. You can install the Trial version on a VM, but in order to launch the software you must activate it using an Activation Key or, in the case of a Floating license, a license file from your ExtendSim License Manager.
We could set up dozens of matrixes and comparative documents that boast about how awesome ExtendSim is and slant the results in our favor since we would be 'authoring the study'. But that's not right as your needs are vastly different than most others. We are happy to give you guidance about how ExtendSim is designed and how it would handle the various challenges you could put it up against. But in the end, you are the best determinant of which tool would best suit your particular needs.
So, ask us questions - any question - and we're happy to tell you how ExtendSim works and compares to other simulation packages.
Under the terms of the ExtendSim Software License Agreement, a corporate or government entity may designate another employee or contractor working for the company as the “new” Authorized User of an ExtendSim license provided the following four (4) conditions are met:
(i) The rights of the “original” Authorized User to use the Software are permanently discontinued and the Software is permanently removed from the computer of the “original” Authorized User (if the “new” Authorized User uses a different computer).
(ii) The Software is installed on the computer of the “new” Authorized User as permitted in Sections 2 and 3 of the ExtendSim Software License Agreement.
(iii) If permitted under your security procedures, the “new” Authorized User is identified as the “registered user” of the Software to ANDRITZ Inc.
(iv) Such change in designated Authorized User of the Software may not occur more than once in a calendar year.
To request a license transfer, download and complete the Change Designated Authorized User form.
Two signatures are required:
- the signature of the "new" Authorized User,
- and either the signature of the "original" Authorized User or (if that person isn't available) a manager or someone else at the company who is aware of the transfer
NOTE: Before your colleague can activate ExtendSim on their device, you must revoke the license from your device. To do this, use the Help > Revoke License Activation command in ExtendSim. (If you can't launch ExtendSim to revoke it on your device, contact the ExtendSim Team.
ExtendSim is computer software that is designated EAR99, which means it is not specifically controlled for export.
As an exported item, ExtendSim falls under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) as administered by the US Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security, the US State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, and the US Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
ExtendSim is subject to the EAR, but it is designated EAR99 because it is not listed on the CCL (Commerce Control List) for Category 4 (Computers), Product Group D (Software), or for any other CCL Category or Product Group. Therefore, ExtendSim does not require an ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) and does not, in and of itself, require an export license. However, you still must obtain an export license if the shipment that includes ExtendSim will be:
- going to an embargoed country.
- going to an end-user of concern.
- used in support of a prohibited end-use.
Not a problem!
- For complete instructions, see Moving or transferring ExtendSim from one computer to another.
- Before you get rid of your previous computer, you must remove the license from the previous device using the Help > Revoke License command (or the Help > Deactivate ExtendSim command if prior to ExtendSim 10.0.5). If you don't do this, you won't be able to automatically activate on your new device.
- Then, download the Trial version of your ExtendSim 10 product to the new device and use your Activation Key to activate ExtendSim 10 on the new device.
If you are still using ExtendSim 9 or other retired release...
- Go to Settings > Apps and uninstall ExtendSim 9 from your old device.
- Use the original installer file you either downloaded from the ExtendSim Store or from your original CD to install on the new device. Then, be sure you are using the newest release as discussed in Updating ExtendSim.