We've done a complete re-write of ExtendSim with the release of 10, incorporating hundreds of thousands of lines of code, added a laundry list of new features, updated the look and feel of the software, plus are introducing the first ever integrated reliability block diagramming tool in a simulation package! It's absolutely brilliant!
Check out the complete list of new features in ExtendSim 10, then download your upgrade!
Highlighted pricing is the standard upgrade path. All prices are for upgrading single user, Individual ExtendSim licenses. This pricing is not available in Europe, Scandinavia, Finland, China, Hong Kong, and Macau.
|Upgrade from ExtendSim 9 to ExtendSim 10 >>||CP 10||DE 10||Pro 10|
|Cost for new license||$995 list||$3495 list||$4995 list|
|continuous process modeling||discrete event simulation||discrete rate, reliability block diagramming, and other advanced technologies|
|ExtendSim CP 9||$399
|ExtendSim OR 9||$1199
|ExtendSim AT 9||$1199
|ExtendSim Suite 9||$1699
|If upgrading from ExtendSim 8, add||$200||$200||$200|
|Maintenance & Support Plan is included for first year! Cost in subsequent years will be...||$199
Here's what you need to know in a nutshell about the new ExtendSim product lineup and licensing types accompanying the new technology in 10 and how it compares to what you're accustomed to in earlier releases.
For even more details...
- Read the Upgrading to ExtendSim 10 document for complete details on what to expect during the upgrade process.
- Watch the Transitioning to ExtendSim 10 video.
New Package LineUp
Core features new in all ExtendSim 10 products:
- Build and run larger models with 64-bit computing power plus run multiple models simultaneously using ExtendSim 10’s multi-threaded capabilities which takes advantage of multiple cores when running multiple models at the same time.
- Track events creating customized reports of simulation outputs with the new Report Manager.
- Analyze model output more efficiently with powerful new Chart blocks.
- Build models more efficiently with the new point and click interface and Right-Click Connect to add and connect blocks as you build.
- Tool palettes are now moveable and dockable, plus you can tear-off menus, worksheets, notebooks, etc.
- There are brand new Charts and Reports libraries to document and analyze model output.
- Data management is even better than before with improved Data Import Export capability.
Continuous Process Modeling
A robust set of core features plus specialized constructs for modeling continuous processes.
ExtendSim CP 10 includes everything you're accustomed to in earlier versions of CP like ExtendSim databases, Optimizer, and integrated authoring and development environment. Plus, other new features you'll get in CP 10 include:
- CP 10 now includes the Scenario Manager to configure and run multiple simulation model configurations or scenarios.
- Ability to query an ExtendSim database, rank its records, and intelligently select one record using custom ranking rules with the Query Equation (Value library).
- Programmers will appreciate the new source code (text) editor that’s similar to Notepad++ with custom colors, code folding, brace matching, auto indent, word/line wrap, zoom/reduce in script window, show end of line characters, show white space, and more. The dialog editor and structure windows are now tabs instead of panes plus you can add graphic objects to dialogs. Improved code completion plus Search and Find will make building/changing blocks easier than ever.
Discrete Event Modeling
Adds a comprehensive message-based discrete event architecture and capabilities to ExtendSim CP.
This tool has everything you need for modeling discrete event processes: a robust message-based discrete event architecture, customizable attributes, and rule-based routing. In addition to the new core features + new features in CP, with DE you'll get:
- Automatic Executive block placement when opening a new worksheet.
- Ability to query an ExtendSim database, rank its records, and intelligently select one record using custom ranking rules with the Query Equation (Item library) block.
- If you’re working with multiple types of resources and complex resource requirements, systematically deal with them using the enhanced Advanced Resource Management system in ExtendSim DE.
Advanced Simulation Technologies
Adds advanced simulation capabilities for specialized industries to ExtendSim DE.
In addition to the new core features + new features in CP + the new features in DE, the Pro package has all the extras:
- New home to the Rate library and LP solver (used to be in AT).
- Big news for ExtendSim Pro 10 is the introduction of the first ever reliability block diagramming tool to be integrated with a simulation tool. Couple this with the power of discrete rate or discrete event modeling and watch your socks get knocked off!
- Add-in for creating an ExtendSim database in Excel.
- Stat::Fit (from Geer Mountain) for distribution fitting.
If you are upgrading to ExtendSim 10 and not sure which package to upgrade to, use the ExtendSim Product Advisor.
Product Licensing Terminology
Individual, Floating, and Node-Locked Licenses
Individual • What was called a single user license is now referred to as an Individual license. The Individual license (just like its predecessor the single user license) is for exclusive use by one user.
Floating • Network licenses are now called Floating licenses. It is still a license for 2 or more concurrent users with centralized administration. With the Floating license's deployment flexibility you can easily add, assign, or reassign users at no cost plus track usage.
Node-Locked • The new Node-Locked license is for sequential use by multiple users on one computer.
Model Developer Editions
These are Full Versions of ExtendSim that let you build models. Model Developer Edition (MDE) ExtendSim products have the same core set of capabilities, just like full versions in earlier ExtendSim releases. In them you can create and build:
- Models, blocks, and interfaces; change values and settings; run simulations and animations; do analysis and optimization; and save and export results.
- Models to share with others to use in the Analysis RunTime, Player RunTime, and Student versions of ExtendSim.
- Custom blocks and libraries.
Model Developer Editions can be Individual, Floating, or Node-Locked licenses of ExtendSim Pro, ExtendSim DE, or ExtendSim CP.
Sidekicks to the Model Developer Editions, specialized ExtendSim products introduce you to the software and/or allow you to experiment with, optimize, or run analysis on models built in an MDE.
Trial • The old Demo version of ExtendSim has been replaced by the Trial version. It's 30 days to try-before-you-buy the Model Developer Edition of any ExtendSim package without any limitations - except the time restraint of course. The Trial version can then be activated into a fully licensed product.
Analysis RunTime • Use Analysis RunTime for the experimentation, optimization, and analysis of model built in MDEs.
Player RunTime • Show and run an ExtendSim model in the Player RunTime.
Cloud • ExtendSim Cloud is for web-based analysis. Enter data and obtain simulation results on a computer, tablet, or smartphone via a user-defined form that accesses the simulation power of ExtendSim Cloud.
OEM • The OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) license is for system builders who want to embed the simulation power of ExtendSim or ExtendSim technologies within their own applications.
When not to upgrade to 10
- If you are using the 3D capabilities in ExtendSim Suite, we recommend you stick with ExtendSim Suite 9.
- If your computer has a 32-bit processor, stick with ExtendSim 9. ExtendSim 10 requires a 64-bit processor to run properly.